Dr. Amr Aboulwafa, MBBCh, MSc, FRCS, FABS
Senior Consultant / Head of G. Surgery, West Bay Medicare
Assistant Professor Clinical Surgery, WCMCQ
Chief Medical Officer, Losail Circuit and Sports Club
Chief Medical Officer, Qatar Motor and Motorcycle Federation
Member of Medical Commission " Federation International de Motocyclism"
Dr. Amr Aboulwafa served in Hamad General Hospital for 24 years, his last post being Senior Consultant of General Surgery.
He is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Surgery at Weill Cornell Medical College since 2007. He was granted the “Excellence in Teaching Award” from WCMC for several years.
Additionally, he is a former teacher and surgery clerkship lead at Qatar University College of Medicine, and he is engaged in the following endeavors:
- Instructor at HITC since 2000, and at ALSG Headquarters in Manchester since 2017.
- Instructor / Course Director of “Major Incident Management & Medical Support MIMMS” and ITLS courses.
- Member of the medical team that covered the “2006 Asian Games” Opening and Closing Ceremonies.
- In 2007, he prepared the First “Disaster Response Plan” for all Surgical Sections of Hamad Hospital.
- In 2011, He became the Chief Medical Officer of Losail circuit for Motor and Motorbike Racing, leading and training a large medical team of doctors and paramedics handling high speed trauma. Training also includes management of mass casualties.
- Since the pandemic started, Dr. Amr managed some big sport events that also entailed mass gathering during the COVID Pandemic such as the Formula 1 World Championship/ Moto GP Grand Prix / Qatar Cross Country Rally.