Abdo KHOURY MD, MSc.DM, PhD
Dr. Abdo Khoury is a Consultant physician in the Department of Emergency Medicine & Critical Care in the University of Franche-Comté, Medical & Trauma Center. He specializes in Emergency Medicine and Critical Care Medicine and engaged in the Regional Dispatching Center, Out-of-hospital Medicine in Mobile Intensive Care Units, Air & Mountain Rescue Helicopters, and a Member of Rescue Teams in Perilous Environment.
His qualifications include Board Certified in Emergency Medicine in France, University of Franche-Comté, Besançon, France, Post graduate Diploma in Disaster Medicine, University of Paris V, Paris, France, European Master in Disaster Medicine (EMDM), University of Piedmont, Novara, Italy/ Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium, Post graduate Diploma in simulation applied to medicine and health sciences, University of Paris V, Paris, France, PhD: Considering Human Factors in the development of medical devices. He is also a Medical Officer in the Doubs Fire Department as Consultant physician for Disaster Medicine & Terrorism and Instructor for Nuclear Radiological & Biochemical Risks & Terrorism.
His other activities are:
1. Chair, Research Team in Mechanical Ventilation (French government labeled research team, Inserm – CIC 1431)
2. Chair, Medical Simulation Centre, at the University of Franche-Comté.
3. Instructor for Disaster Medicine at the SAMU de PARIS
4. Instructor, Medical Response to Major Incident (MRMI) course
5. European training in Emerging Diseases & Bioterrorism (ETIDE course)
6. Several Humanitarian & Rescue Missions for the French Government - Member of the French Rapid Response Team for disasters (Reserve Sanitaire)
7. Consultant for WHO Geneva and expert for WHO Lebanon, working on Emerging diseases and preparedness plans in Central Asia and Lebanon.
8. Consultant and expert for the European Commission, EUROPAID to Tunisia for enhancing the Emergency Medical System in the country.
9. Several lectures, conferences, workshops & communications in Critical Care, Disaster and Emergency Medicine at various congresses
10. Author & co-author in several publications.
11. Member of the Executive and Review boards of various Emergency and Disaster Medicine and Intensive Care journals
12. Visiting Professor, Vilnius University, Lithuania
His Scientific Societies are the following:
1. President, the European Society for Emergency Medicine (EUSEM)
2. Past Vice-president, the European Society for Emergency Medicine (EUSEM)
3. Past Vice-president, International Pan Arab Critical Care Medicine Society (IPACCMS)
4. Co-founder and vice-president of the Lebanese Resuscitation Council (LRC)
5. Past chair, Disaster Medicine Section at EUSEM
6. Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland, Faculty of Sports Medicine (FRCSI-FSM)