Professor Raed M. Al-Zoubi, BSc, MSc, Ph.D., is a Senior Research Scientist at Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC), an Associate Professor of bioorganic chemistry at Jordan University of Science and Technology, a fellow of the University of Waterloo and an Adjunct-Associate Professor at the Department of Biomedical Sciences/Qatar University with 12+ experience in academia, 5+ years in administration and 18+ years in research and technology developments addressing critical challenges in health, bio-catalysis, and drug-like synthesis. He is the author of more than 55 different publications and highlights four patent publications. He received several honors and awards in academia and exhibitions.
He received his Ph.D. at the University of Alberta/Canada in 2011. He was elected Chairmen of the department for the academic years 2016–2018 and Assistant Dean for the academic years 2012–2015. He is currently the lead of the biomedical/basic science research unit at the Surgical Research Section at HMC. His current research interests include biomarkers of tumors and new drug design and synthesis.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry from JUST University, Jordan, 2001.
- MSc degree in Organic Chemistry from JUST University, Jordan, 2003.
- In 2005: Professor Al-Zoubi moved to the University of Alberta, AB/Canada, where he worked towards his doctoral degree in Bio-Organic Chemistry, which he achieved in 2011.
- In 2011: Prof. Al-Zoubi started his carrier as an assistant professor at JUST University.
- 2012-2015: Prof. Al-Zoubi was elected as assistant dean of the faculty.
- In 2016: Professor Al-Zoubi was promoted to Associate Professor, where he has held this title until now.
- Since 2011: He has supervised 14+ graduate and several undergraduate students.
- Since 2016: The patent has been sold to Sigma-Aldrich Inc. USA, and later it was available in the market.
- 2016-2018: Prof. Al-Zoubi was elected chairperson of the department.
- 2019-2020: Visiting academic professor at the University of Waterloo/Canada, where he worked on a shared project with Prof. Graham Murphy.
- In 2021: Prof. Al-Zoubi joined the surgical research section team at the Department of Surgery/HMC as a senior research scientist, where he is currently the lead of the biomedical and basic science research.
- He is an active presenter at several national and international conferences and exhibitions every year
- He was a member of different organizing committees of some national conferences
- Prof. Al-Zoubi is an active reviewer in more than 15 national and international journals.