Dr. Basil Elnazir
PhD (Birmingham), FRCPI, FRCPCH, DCH
- Consultant Pediatric Pulmonologist & Medical Director at Al Jalila Children’s Specialty Hospital, Dubai, UAE.
- Consultant Pediatric Pulmonologist, Dublin, Ireland.
- Senior Clinical Lecturer, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Previous Chairman of the Medical Advisory Committee of the Asthma Society of Ireland
- In 2004, he was appointed to the National Children’s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland as a Consultant Respiratory Pediatrician with clinical and research interests in Asthma and Cystic Fibrosis.
- In 2011, he was appointed as a National Specialty Director and Board member in Pediatrics at the faculty of Pediatrics; Royal College of Physicians in Ireland.
- Vice President of the Arab pediatric Pulmonology Association.
- Member of the Executive Board of MECFA (Middle East Cystic Fibrosis Association)
- Dr Elnazir has presented and published extensively his research both nationally and internationally, and has given a number of invited presentations. He is also a member of several societies including the British Pediatric Respiratory Society, the European Respiratory Society, and the American Thoracic Society.