Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) will welcome a number of visiting consultants from various medical specialties during the month of December.
The visiting consultants are as follows:
- Dr. Hossein Gharib, Professor of Medicine at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Consultant, Endocrinology, Diabetes, Nutrition, and Metabolism at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, US, will visit from 2 to 6 December;
- Dr. Alexander Lyon, Consultant Cardiologist and Clinical Lead for Cardio-Oncology Services, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK, will visit from 2 to 5 December;
- Dr. Zeynel Abidin Dogan, an ENT, Head, and Neck Surgery Specialist, will visit from 7 to 14 December;
- Dr. Haitham Mukhtar Al-Okk, a Hematology/Oncology Specialist from Vincennes, Indiana, US, will visit from 15 to 30 December;
- Dr. Bülent Yazıcı, an Ophthalmology Specialist from Bursa, Turkey, will visit from 16 to 20 December;
- Dr. Jihad Kaouk, Director of the Center for Robotic Surgery and Vice Chair, Surgical Operations at Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, US, will visit from 20 to 23 December; and
- Dr. Alan Saber, a Bariatric and Metabolic Specialist from Newark, New Jersey, US, will visit from 21 to 24 December.
Other experts are scheduled to visit next year as part of HMC’s focus on hosting highly-respected physicians and surgeons from around the world. Hosting visiting international consultants who are experts in their field is in line with HMC’s commitment to providing specialized medical services to the people of Qatar.
Members of the public wishing to book an appointment with one of the visiting consultants are advised to discuss this option with their physician. If your doctor agrees that an appointment with a visiting consultant is appropriate, they will provide a referral.
For more information, and the full listing of visiting consultants, visit www.hamad.qa.