Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Clinic
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
It is a viral infection caused by Human Immunodeficiency Virus; it is more common in some countries than the others.HIV Virus degrades the immune system and increases susceptibility to infections. It weakens a person's immune system by destroying important cells that fight disease and infection. No effective cure exists for HIV. But with proper medical care, HIV can be controlled.
HIV Clinic services include the full range of services that should be provided together with HIV testing:
- counselling (pre-test information and post-test counselling);
- linkage to appropriate HIV prevention, treatment and care services, and other clinical and support services; and
- Coordination with laboratory services to support quality assurance and the delivery of correct results.
- Social and psychological support.
Patient will receive services as follows:
- Diagnostic Test.
- Contact Screening
- Individual treatments.
- Counseling to clients and their family members.
- Reports & recommendation.
- Education to clients and their family members.
Message to patients:
- You do not have to give your name or identify yourself in anyway
- If you are pregnant and need to take Post exposure prophylaxis (PEP) you should discus with your treating physician.
- All travelers should be advised to practice safe sex during travel.
- Body piercing and tattooing should be avoided while travelling.
- Health care workers and travelers at risk travelling where HIV is more common should consider PEP before they travel.
- Taking drugs for 4 weeks after possible exposure to HIV will the reduce the risk of transmission by about 80%.
- To arrange your visit and book our appointment please call 0097440254022
Patients need to bring in order to access their services:
- Health card / QID
- Passport or passport copy
- The appointment slips if he/she is already scheduled.
Information about discharge process from your services:
Client is discharged from HIV clinic - CDC - HIV Clinic in the following conditions;
- The Patient goals and needs are met
- According to the discharge plans from the ID physicians.
Operating Hours and Contact Details:
CDC Outpatient Ground Floor - Room No- 16
Sunday 12pm – 3 pm
Tuesday 7 am – 11am
- HIV Clinic - CDC OPD
Contact No. 40254022/4054025
Contact No. 40254003