Please read the instructions first and then click “Apply for Medical Report” and provide the relevant information needed to process your request. Below are some typical questions and answers to help you. If you cannot find an answer to your question, please send an email to:
ReleaseofInformation@hamad.qa ; or call + (974) 40250948 / + (974) 40251566 during office hours.
1. How do I make a medical report request online?
You can find the online request webpage on HMC’s corporate website: www.hamad.qa (https://www.hamad.qa/en/medical-reports).
Please read the instructions first and then click “Apply for Medical Report” and provide the relevant information needed to process your request. Below are some typical questions and answers to help you.
2. How do I pay for the request?
You will need to use a credit card when submitting online requests.
3. Can I pay using debit card?
No. At this time only credit card can be accepted.
4. How long does it take before I receive my medical report request?
Generally, a Medical Report takes around two weeks to complete; a copy of your file or CD can be arranged within three working days.
5. What can I do if I have not received my report after two weeks?
Please contact the Health Information Management team through customer hotline (44392094) and find out the reason for the delay.
6. Will I receive a copy of the report/images through my E-mail?
Images, which can be large in electronic file size, cannot be sent through email.
7. Is it possible to request multiple copies of my medical report?
Yes, you can request for multiple copies. No extra fee will be charged for the additional copy if part of one request. If a separate request for an additional copy is made, then you will be charged QR 50 again.
8. Why was my online request rejected?
A staff member from the Health Information Management team will call you to inform you of the reason for the rejection.
9. How much will I pay for each request?
For each request, payment will be processed separately, and the amount will be as per the type of request. Copy of files and/or Medical Report cost QR50; a CD with relevant reports costs QR100.
10. Can I request a copy of an old report through the online portal?
Yes. The same procedure and fees apply as stated before.
11. Can I get the refund if the request is cancelled for any reason?
Yes – the fee you paid will be credited back to your account.
12. Can I request an urgent medical report online?
No, the processing time for a Medical Report will be two weeks.
13. How will I be informed once the request is completed?
You will receive a message by SMS/Email
14. Can I check the status of the report online?
Yes, you will be able to check using Request ID.
15. What can I do if I feel the report content is incorrect / contains wrong information?
Please contact the Health Information Management team through customer hotline (44392094) to discuss your concerns.
16. Is this online service available for all hospitals?
Currently this service is available for Hamad General Hospital only, but efforts are underway to expand the service soon to cover all HMC hospitals.
17. Can I request a common single report from all specialties where I was treated?
No. Currently you can only request separate reports from each specialty that treated you within a hospital.
18. I was treated in (e.g.) Rumailah Hospital, can I get the report from Hamad General Hospital?
No. Currently you can only get your medical report from the hospital where you were treated.
19. Is there a time limit to request a medical report from the hospital?
You can only request a medical report from the hospital you received your treatment or consultation within six months of that date. If you were seen more than six months ago by the doctor you want to get a report from then you will need to arrange another appointment to ensure your medical status has not changed significantly.
20. Can I receive a copy of my Fitness and Disability Report?
No, once this report is completed, it will be sent to Ministry of Public Health, as per official requirement.
21. Can I receive the report in Arabic?
No. We can only provide the report in English and you would need to arrange a translation into Arabic or any other language yourself.
22. I forgot my Request ID. How can I check for the request status?
If you forgot your request ID, you will not be able to check the status of the request online, but you can call the hotline (44392094/44391544) and provide the health card number to check the status of your request.
23. What can I do if my Health Card or Qatar ID is expired; can I still request my report?
I. If your Health Card has expired, you will need to renew this before you make your request online.
II. If your QID has expired this will automatically result in deactivation of your health card; you will not be able to renew the health card until you renew your QID.
III. If you do not have a valid QID and cannot get this anymore, you will have to attach your passport copy for identity. There is an additional fee of QAR 156 to obtain a report for someone who does not have a valid QID or HC.
24. I cannot remember the specialty and the doctor’s name. Can I still request for Medical Report online?
No. but you will be able to request for Copy of Files or CD. You will have to visit the Health Information Management section of the respective hospital where you received your treatment, to request your Medical Report.
25. Can I request a medical report for someone else?
If you are one of below mentioned authorized persons, you will be able to request medical report for someone else online. Anyone 18 years old and above need to provide authority for request and release of information.
• Parents (Father/Mother)
• Child (Son/Daughter)
• Sibling (Brother/Sister)
• Spouse (Husband/Wife)
• Guardians can also apply with the relevant paperwork
26. Can I request a medical report for treatment received in a government primary health center?
You can get access to your basic diagnostic report, such as blood test – but you cannot get a CD with MRI, CT scan or ultrasound images as this will need to be obtained directly from the health center.
Kindly note that our aim is to provide you with a relevant service in an efficient and effective manner. There may be valid reasons for a delay or rejection of your request and the Health Information Management team is happy to advise you of these if required.
Should you have any comments, concerns or complaints, you welcome to contact the Nesmaa’ak Customer Service line on 16060