Invitation to all healthcare professionals,
The 2018 Middle East Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare organizers are issuing a call for quality improvement poster submissions.
This year’s Forum will once again feature a poster competition and exhibition designed to highlight the numerous quality improvement initiatives and programs that have been implemented over the past year.
We welcome submissions that describe quality and safety initiatives that you have established to improve the care or services you provide to your patients designed to deliver a better health outcome and better experience.
Interested applicants from Qatar and the region are invited to share their quality improvement success stories with their peers. Successful submissions for the poster exhibition will be automatically entered into a competition for the best poster.
Poster Submission Topics
1. Patient experience (patient centered care)
2. Joy at work
3. Improvement science
4. Patient safety
5. Leadership and Capability Building
Poster submission deadline: Tuesday 30th January 2018
Authors will be notified by: Thursday 8th February 2018
Authors will be expected to attend the ME Forum on 24 and 25 March 2018
- When you submit your poster please select the topic that best fits your project or program
- Duplicate entries submitted to more than one topic will not be reviewed.
- Only submissions received via the online system are eligible for peer review. Any proposals submitted by email/fax will not be accepted.
- Once you have submitted your poster, it will be sent for review to the independent panel of judges and no further amendments will be possible. Please ensure your poster has been completed and checked before submission.
- You may use any poster design structure you wish so long as it fits the criteria of a quality improvement poster; you can review the 2017 ME Forum Poster Competition winners for guidance . A template is provided, should you wish to use this.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your submission has been successfully received.
- A Scientific Advisory Committee, (made up of quality and safety experts from HMC and the IHI), will select the submissions deemed most innovative, interesting, and educational to be included in the exhibition and competition.
- Poster submission deadline is Wednesday Tuesday 30th January 2018.
- You will receive an email by Thursday 8th February 2018 whether your submission has been accepted or not.
- If selected, your poster will be exhibited at the 2018 Middle East Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare for the duration of the conference.
- Posters will be featured during the Forum at a networking reception; at least one key author will need to be present at this time to offer explanations about their project or program to interested delegates attending the networking reception.
- Authors with approved posters will have to register as delegates.
- The lead author and up to 9 co-authors of approved posters will be eligible for the special poster author discount.Please note that program or project sponsors are not authors and while you can list them on the poster, do not include them in the online submission. Nor should a secretary or assistant be included in the online registration unless you wish them to be considered as a co-author
- Approved posters will be featured on the conference website and a reference will be included in the conference brochure.
- Approved posters will be printed and displayed in the designated exhibition area by the event organizers.
- Successful submissions will be automatically entered into the competition for Best Poster Winner
The event provides an excellent opportunity for you to network, share your experiences and learn from other attendees. We look forward to your participation and wish you success with your entry.