Please read the following guidelines carefully before preparing your abstract and ensure all contact information is accurate while completing the registration process. If you are having trouble with the abstract submissions, please contact
GeriatricsConference@hamad.qa for assistance.
A confirmation email will be sent following receipt of your abstract; if no email has been received within 24 hours, please contact the support team for advice.
- Please note that posters should conform to scientific poster formats
- Please ensure all posters have been checked for content and confirmed data validity
- Poster authors need to ensure their poster has been approved by relevant authorities where applicable
- The presenting poster author(s) of an accepted abstract must register as a delegate to be included in the conference (whether in the poster presentation session that will feature all approved posters; or to deliver an oral presentation.
- Confirmed poster or oral presenter registration:
only the primary author (first author listed on the abstract submission form) is eligible for the discounted registration rate.
- Deadline for abstract submissions is on
Sunday 3 September 2023 (midnight Qatar time)
- Abstract acceptance/rejection notification will be issued by the judging committee by end of day on
Sunday 17 September 2023.
Preparing and formatting an abstract:
- Abstracts can only be submitted, in MS Word or PDF formats, online using the abstract template, available on the conference website.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English, and content should have a maximum of 300 words.
- The title of the abstract should be as concise as possible and should appear in bold at the top of the page.
- Please include the full contact details of the main author (the presenting author) and add co-authors in the designated fields provided.
- No references, tables or graphics should be included in the abstract.
- When using abbreviations within the body of the abstract, please spell out the name in full at first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis.
- It is the responsibility of the author to ensure the abstract text does not contain any typos or grammatical errors.
- No changes can be made after the abstract deadline has passed.
- Please note the judges’ decisions are final.
- Poster authors are expected to be next to their posters during the longer lunch breaks, when the poster review sessions are scheduled, to offer explanations to interested delegates.
For the posters
All posters must be printed with portrait orientation only with A1 poster size 594 x 841 mm(23.4x33.1 inch = width x height)..
The poster should include the title, abstract, introduction, objectives, and point out the significance and value of the research, method, results, and conclusion.
Approved posters will need to be printed and delivered to the venue by the author the day before the start of the conference.
Authors of accepted abstracts must present their project to attendees at the conference. Successful candidates must be registered in order to present.
There is an opportunity for authors of the abstract to be selected for oral presentation. The scientific planning committee will invite the authors of the selected abstracts to prepare an oral presentation, in addition to the poster. This is to provide an opportunity for the researchers to share their project with attendees.
For any clarification regarding abstracts, please email: