Citizens and residents of Qatar may apply for a health card to access services at any of the Hamad Medical Corporation’s healthcare facilities or hospitals.
The card is the same size as a driving license. It contains your ID number, nationality, photo and date of issue and are available to all residents of Qatar.
Consultations or non-emergency treatments may cost extra but will be subsidized for those who hold a valid health card. Holders of a health card can also have their prescriptions filled at a government-run pharmacy at subsidized rates.
To obtain a health card, visit the Primary Health Care Center (PHCC) nearest to where you live. There you need to fill out the appropriate forms. You will be issued a PHCC health file number. Please take with you:
- Qatari Adults: Copies of your passport or ID, a passport-size photograph (4cm X 3cm) and a fee of QR50
- Qatari Children: Birth certificate with Qatar personal identity number or passport, passport-size photograph, vaccination card (for first time issue) and a fee of QR50
- GCC National Adult Residents: Copy of passport or ID with Qatar personal identity number, a passport-size photograph, your old health card (in case of renewals) and a fee of QR50
- GCC National Child Residents: Birth certificate or passport with Qatar personal identity number, one passport-size photograph, vaccination card (for first time issue for childern born in Qatar), old health card (in case of renewals) and fees of QR50
- Adult Residents: Valid QID or passport with valid residence permit, a passport-size photographs and a fee of QR100
- Children: Passport with valid residence permit, a passport-size photograph, vaccination card (for first time issue and for those born in Qatar or who had their vaccinations in Qatar) and a fee of QR100
- Domestic Staff: Valid passport with a valid residence permit, a passport-size photograph, original QID of sponsor and a fee of QR50 (as for professions approved by MOI for personal sponsorship)
- All: A copy of a utility bill (phone, water/electricity) - this proves where you live.
You must pay using a credit card. No cash is accepted. The health center will either issue you with your card immediately or ask you to return within a few days to collect it.
Please note, health cards are issued during morning working hours only.
How to Renew a Health Card
Renewing your health card is a simple process and can be done immediately at all HMC hospitals. Please ask our Patient and Visitor Service Center staff to direct you to the right location in each hospital.
If you lose your health card but it is still valid, Qatari nationals will need to pay QR50 for a replacement and non-Qataris will need to pay QR100 for a replacement.
If you lose your health card and it has expired Qatari nationals will need to pay QR100 for a replacemenet and non-Qataris will need to pay QR200 for a replacement.