To be eligible for consideration all applicants must:
- High school graduate
- Show aptitude for and the potential to become an effective member of the Hamad nursing staff after graduation
- Qatari National, holder of Qatari travel documents, child of a Qatari mother, a GCC national living in Qatar, child of long term residents (10+ years), current member of staff at HMC, or their children, who have lived in Qatar for 10+ years.
- Meet or exceed UCQ’s academic entrance criteria:
- For Qataris, Qatari travel document holders and children of a Qatari mother a GPA of 60% or higher is required
- For GCC nationals living in Qatar and all other groups a GPA of 70% or higher is required
Additionally, acceptance on to the program will be dependent on:
- Transfer of sponsorship to HMC at the beginning of the study period
- Signing a contract and letter of intent to commit to the program. This will include:
- Formal commitment to a term of post graduating employment at least equal to the length of the study period
- Formal commitment to reimbursing HMC for the tuition and scholarship fees and any allowances if the commitment is broken before completion.
- Medical and Ministry of Interior clearance