The vision of Hamad Medical Corporation's Ambulance Service (HMCAS) is:
To provide high-quality mobile healthcare service providing access to effective care for people of Qatar.
The mission of HMCAS is:
- We aim to provide patients with access to effective mobile healthcare including emergency and non-emergency ambulance services, inter-facility transfer services and other specialized mobile health resources.
- To ensure through agreed pathways that patients have access to effective care once transferred into the care of fixed healthcare.
- To provide a well planned, resourced and managed emergency response to major incidents and disasters.
- To develop a vibrant mobile healthcare and operational research program
- To become the mobile healthcare employer of choice in the Middle East
In keeping with its mandate, HMCAS provides these services free of charge within the borders of the State of Qatar and occasionally beyond. The Ambulance Service interfaces with primary, secondary and tertiary care services as described in the Hamad Medical Corporation Strategic Plan, the National Health Strategy 2011-16, the soon-to-be launched National Heath Strategy 2017-2022, and the Qatar National Vision 2030.