Applying for an Internship Program at HMC
HMC Medical Internship Program Selection Process 2018-2019
- Priority will be given to expatriate doctors who were born in Qatar and/or hold a valid residency permit in the State of Qatar.
- Final year medical students are eligible to apply. Joining the internship is pending their graduation and passing the entrance exams.
- Eligible candidates should have passed USMLE Step 2 CK or alternate IFOM exam and IELTS or TOEFL.
- Applicants should provide the Department of Medical Education with the documents listed below. Email or fax copies are not acceptable.
- Required documents
• Complete application form (type or print)
• Standard CV
• Results of USMLE Step 2 CK or IFOM exam
• Results of IELTS or TOEFL Exam (academic level)
• Photocopy of passport and residency permit
• Photocopy of sponsor’s passport and sponsor’s residency permit
• Four recent passport size photos
• Proof of graduation from medical school or proof that the student is in their final year of medical school
- Applications should be delivered in person or by mail, email or fax copies are not acceptable
- Applicants submitting their applications before 30 May will be able to join the internship program on 1 July. Applications submitted after 31 July will start their internship on 1 January of the following year closing date for January batch is 30 November.
- Relatives or family can apply on behalf of the medical students.
- It is not allowed to repeat the Internship year and must spend a full year.
Internship intake is twice a year: 1 July and 1 January.
All internship application forms can be downloaded from the HMC website and submitted to:
HMC Department of Medical Education
PO Box 3050
HMC Education Center
Forms: Internship Application Form >>CV template >>FAQs >>