How to Apply:
All applications must be submitted through our online application portal, SMApply.
- Register for a new account at https://hamad.smapply.io or log in to your existing account.
For new users: complete the Eligibility Quiz, to determine eligibility to apply.
(Applicants, who provide false information in the Eligibility Quiz, in order to bypass the system, may be disqualified from the application process.)
For account holders who have previously applied online to our programs: update your existing Eligibility Quiz, in order to view programs to which you may apply.
- Initiate the application. Take note of the unique application number, for future reference.
- Complete all parts of the application, including the application form and uploading of all required documents:
The various sections of the application can be modified or corrected prior to submission; however, no further changes are permitted once submission is complete.
- Medical degree or proof that the student is in their final year of medical school
- Medical school transcript
- Clinical examination results
- English language proficiency examination results
- Passport (valid until at least the internship start date)
- Qatar residency permit (valid until at least the internship start date)
- Sponsor’s passport and residency permit (valid until at least the internship start date)
- Passport-sized photo
Submit the completed application. Incomplete applications will not be considered for selection.
Please take careful note of the following:
- Candidates who have already completed an internship at HMC are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have partially completed an internship at HMC or those who have completed an internship year elsewhere are eligible to apply; however, priority will be given to applicants who have no prior internship experience.
- At this time, HMC is unable to accommodate those resident in Qatar under the sponsorship of an employer or international applicants without valid residency in Qatar.
- TOEFL and IELTS results must be valid at the time of application. The current validity of both exams is two years from the date of testing.
- Applications must be
fully complete prior to submission,
including all required clinical and English language proficiency examination scores. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that exams are written in sufficient time that scores are available prior to submitting an application.
- All applications will be verified thoroughly for false information. Any discovered instances of false information or manipulation of documents will result in disqualification and withdrawal of the application.