I am delighted to invite you to submit your research proposal/idea for the 10th Surgical Research and Innovation Ideas Symposium to be held on 22 and 22 November 2019. This is a research ideas workshop for Surgeons, Anesthesiologists, Perioperative Nurses and Allied Health Professionals, organized by HMC’s Surgery Department and Medical Research Center.
Please submit your research proposal/idea as a PowerPoint presentation before the deadline on midnight of Saturday, 2 November 2019. Due to logistical and quality control reasons, we will only accept the first 30 research proposals/ideas submitted.
- Proposal/idea submission deadline: Saturday, 2 November 2019
- Clinical track presentations at the Symposium 22 and 23 November 2019
- Prepare your research proposals/ideas carefully; once you have submitted your research proposal, no modifications whatsoever will be allowed.
- Submit your research ideas/proposals at your earliest convenience; proposals received after the above deadline, or once the limit of 30 submitted proposals has been reached (whichever happens first), will not be accepted.
Your PowerPoint presentation must be a maximum of 9 slides (excluding references). Presentation Template is attached to this email. Presentation time will be 5 minutes, plus another 6 to 8 minute Q&A. Slides must include:
- Title & Short Introduction (explaining how your idea is innovative) (2 slides)
- Aim & Objectives (1 slide)
- Materials & Methods (up to 3 slides)
- Statistical Analysis (1 slide)
- Expected Clinical Outcomes (1 slides)
- Timeframe & Ethical Considerations (1 slide), and
- References (1 slide).
I encourage Heads of Surgical and Anesthesia Sections to motivate their staff to submit their proposals as soon as possible. The best proposals will be granted valuable monetary prizes.
Dr. Abdulla Al Ansari
A/CMO - HMC