Hot meals and drinks provide nourishment and comfort, so eat at least one hot meal each day and have hot drinks during the day
- Wholesome soups make a warming snack and can be easier to chew and digest for people with related issues.
- Include a good range of foods in your diet (for example wholegrain cereals, milk and cheese for calcium, less meat and more fish).
- Aim for five portions of fruit and vegetables each day to give you plenty of nutrients and vitamins.
- Having a glass of water within reach during the daytime and a bottle of water next to your bed will remind you to keep up your fluid intake.
- If you are worried about a poor appetite or losing weight, speak to your doctor for advice
If you are looking to find out more about the best nutritional advice for you, as for a nutrition consultation with an expert.