Qatar’s growing population means an increasing number of patients rely on Hamad Medical Corporation’s trauma and emergency services.
To help meet this demand and ensure the continued provision of high-quality trauma and emergency care, the Trauma and Emergency Center has opened on our Hamad General Hospital campus.
Marking a significant expansion of trauma and emergency services in Qatar, it is four times the size of the former Emergency Department and the largest in the region.
The bespoke complex ensures that those need of urgent medical care can be received and treated through the See and Treat on the ground floor of the Center as well as via the trauma, urgent and critical care services available across its remaining three floors.
The facility offers a greatly improved patient experience. With spacious and mainly private rooms, patients have an unparalleled level of comfort and can recover in a state-of-the-art healing environment.
- - Advanced diagnostic technology with an MRI scanner, three CTs and four ultrasound scanners as well as a three-fold increase in x-ray capacity compared to the former Emergency Department.
- - Dedicated ramp for all ambulance arrivals at Hamad General Hospital.
- - State-of-the art hyperbaric chamber for up to 18 people providing oxygen therapy for a range of medical conditions as well as decompression treatment for diving accidents.
- - Home of Hamad Trauma Center - Qatar’s major trauma center for seriously injured patients.
- - Bridge link to adjacent surgical service facility so patients can be rapidly and seamlessly transferred to the Trauma or Surgical Intensive Care Units as well as the operating theaters.
- - Five rooms fully equipped to be converted into mini operating theaters in the event of a mass casualty incident or an accident requiring immediate surgical intervention.
- Enhanced patient experience with a robotic pharmacy that enables the fast and safe dispensing of medication.
The new Trauma and Emergency Center represents the latest milestone in our ongoing journey to expand capacity and improve services to ensure Qatar’s population benefit from a world-class healthcare system.
The new Trauma and Emergency Center is part of the main Hamad General Hospital campus and can be accessed from Gate 5 on Al Rayan Road which is located across the road from Lulu Hypermarket. Road entry to the new facility remains the same as to the former Emergency Department.
To download a map of the location of the new Trauma and Emergency Center, Please