The ideal person will be an obstetrician and gynaecologist with a track record in senior medical leadership gained ideally in a complex healthcare setting such as a teaching hospital. He/she will have the ability to act as a role model and support staff and student development. Specifically he/she will demonstrate the following key skills and experience:
- Board certification or equivalent specialist qualification in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Strong clinical leadership skills and the ability to contribute to strategy and policy development at Institutional level
- Strong networking and team building skills
- The ability to contribute to complex policy development
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- An ability to work as part of an inter-professional team
- An established specialty or subspecialty practice profile is welcomed
- An interest in the promotion of effective clinical practice through the application of best research evidence in obstetrics and gynaecology is welcome.