Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Graduate of an accredited medical school.
* Completed appropriate internship and residency requirements.
* Advanced Fellowship of postgraduate qualification
* Quality improvement certification
* 10 years’ experience
* Has successfully demonstrated leadership at a departmental level in a substantial and complex healthcare organization providing tertiary care.
* Experience of publication in field of quality, patient safety and / or healthcare improvement.
Required Certification or Licensure or Registration
* Holds current certification/postgraduate degree accredited by the corporation with appropriate licensure to practice medicine.
* Ability to communicate (verbally and written) effectively with clinicians, senior leadership, patients and external individuals and groups to achieve the objectives of the Corporation.
* Effective written and oral communication skills in English, with meticulous attention to detail
Computer Skills Minimum:
* Well-versed in MS Office applications
* The incumbent should demonstrate administrative and managerial skills to discharge the duties of the office of the Deputy Chief.
* He/She should be recognized by his/her peers as an outstanding representative of the medical profession.
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple projects
* A global perspective with the ability to understand and work effectively in a culturally diverse organization managing conflicting priorities and business interests
* Demonstrate leadership qualities such as conflict/issue resolution
* Proven ability in promoting a team culture and ability to work constructively and interact professionally with others
* Have considerable communication, interpretation, influencing and people management skills whilst working in a supportive and facilitative manner
* Knowledge of the recognized best project management practices, methods and processes
* Knowledge of the public management approaches and techniques involved in budgeting, personnel administration, public relations, contract management, and capital planning and project management
* Skill in maintaining accurate and thorough report and records Excellent organizational skills to prioritize work, meet deadline, and handle multiple assignment and tasks
* Passion for delivering the right level of service at optimum cost
* Have considerable problem solving and change management skills
* Have considerable skills in strategy development and implementation
* A strategic thinker
* Capable of inspiring respect from all stakeholders
* Financially competent
* Encourage team members to participate in a project for the benefit of the team
Problem Solving / Decision Making:
* Advanced skills required
Group Chiefs; Chief Executive Officers, Medical Directors, Executive Directors; Managing Director; Hospital Executive Directors; equivalents in Supreme Council of Health and PHCC and other statutory authorities.