If you suffer from a loss of bladder or bowel control, recurrent urinary tract infections, bladder discomfort or the feeling that your pelvic organs are dropping, you may require urogynecology care. We understand that such conditions can make leading your regular life difficult, but fortunately, most are treatable.
Conditions we treat include:
- Urinary incontinence: Loss of bladder control
- Overactive bladder: Frequent or sudden urges to urinate
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
- Interstitial cystitis and bladder pain syndromes: Discomfort related to the bladder and/or urethra
- Pelvic organ prolapse: Dropping of the pelvic organs (bladder, bowel, rectum, uterus, vagina)
- Fecal incontinence/accidental bowel leakage: Loss of bowel control
- Urogynecologic fistula: An abnormal hole between the bladder and the vagina (vesicovaginal), the urethra and the vagina (urethra-vaginal), or the rectum and the vagina (rectovaginal)
- Post-surgical complications
We also specialize in the most innovative surgical and non-surgical treatment options for pelvic floor disorders including, sling procedures, as well as vaginal, laparoscopic and robotic procedures for pelvic organ prolapse repair, with or without a hysterectomy (removal of the uterus). In addition, we offer pelvic floor physical therapy for a variety of conditions including urinary incontinence and a pelvic organ prolapse.
Depending on the diagnosis, an individualized treatment program will be designed to allow our patients to assume an active role in their care. Treatment options may include biofeedback, bladder training, electrical stimulation, medication to control bladder spasm, medication for urinary tract infection, bulk forming agents, botox injections, pessary (pelvic support device) use and/or surgery.
Our Urogynecology clinics are located in our Outpatient Department 2 - Subspecialties