The Teaching and Learning Board (T&LB) was established in 2019 by the Nursing & Midwifery Education Department (NMED) to provide a governance structure and quality assurance mechanism for the development, revision and delivery of HMC’s approved nursing and midwifery continual professional development (CPD) educational activities.
- The T&LB comprises seven licensed nursing and/or midwifery educators including a Chair, Vice Chair and Secretary, appointed by the Assistant Executive Director of Nursing - Education (AEDoN), who are responsible and professionally accountable for the periodic approval, retiring, evaluation, monitoring and reporting of ANCC and/or DHP accredited corporate and facility educational activities.
- There are 4 T&LB cycles in each calendar year:
- January - March cycle
- April - June cycle
- July - September cycle
- October - December cycle
- Each T&LB cycle consists of eight (8) board meetings, held over a period of 3 months. CPD applications are reviewed by the T&LB. Feedback is provided by the T&LB to nurse planners and, where necessary, applications are resubmitted during the current or future cycles.
- T&LB Chair’s action may be convened under exceptional circumstances outside the agreed cycles, with approval by both the AEDoN (Education) and the T&LB Chair.
- Exceptional circumstances include but are not limited to responding to an urgent directive from the Ministry of Public Health, a Facility or Service Chief Operating Officer or HMC’s Chief Nursing Officer.
- Continuous quality assurance monitoring of all approved educational activities is carried out by the T&LB with respect to the agreed KPIs, learning environment, participant feedback and evaluation, outcomes for the provider unit, and future nursing and midwifery professional development activities.
For more details, please follow the link (attached SOP here )