Before being admitted to the Communicable Disease Center you will receive information about your hospital stay from your doctor or assigned nurse. You will also receive an admission letter that will provide some guidance to help prepare you for admission to hospital. For instance, depending on the reason for your hospital stay, the letter may provide specific instructions as to whether you are able to consume food or drink before your admission. What should I bring?
For identification purposes, all patients should bring the following items with you:
In terms of clothes/toiletries the CDC provides for patients:
- Valid Health Card
- Admission card
- Passport/ID copies
- All medical documents and prescriptions you are taking (in their original containers). Once you have been admitted, the hospital will be able to provide you with prescribed medications.
- If you require a walking or hearing aid, please bring these with you.
- Night gowns for both men and women, however patient preference will be respected
- Slippers or soft shoes
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, towel and tissues
- Newspapers and/or other reading materials
- Internet access
Additional items can be brought at your own discretion. If you are a non-Qatari resident, you may be required to pay hospital charges. Accepted payment methods are credit or debit card or eCash card (the latter is available at some QNB branches).