All applications must be submitted through our online application portal, SMApply.
- Register for a new account at https://hamad.smapply.io or log in to your existing account. New account registration will only be available while the application intake period is open.
- a) For new users: complete the Eligibility Quiz, to determine eligibility to apply. Applicants who provide false information in the Eligibility Quiz, in order to bypass the system, may be disqualified from the application process.
b) For account holders who have previously applied online to our programs: update your existing Eligibility Quiz, in order to view programs to which you may apply. Programs will only become visible and open for applications while the application intake period is open.
- Initiate the application. Take note of the unique application number, for future reference.
- Complete all parts of the application, including the application form and uploading of all required documents. The various sections of the application can be modified or corrected prior to submission; however, no further changes are permitted once submission is complete.
- Submit the completed application prior to the intake deadline. The system does not allow late submissions and will automatically close to submission at 11:59 p.m. (Qatar time) on the day of the deadline. Incomplete applications or those not submitted prior to the deadline will not be considered for selection.
Note: As part of the selection process, candidates with eligible applications may be contacted to sit for a qualifying exam. Applicants should monitor their email for exam-related correspondence from the Graduate Medical Education Office and respond promptly.
We strongly encourage all applicants to review Frequently Asked Questions and Appendix (A) “General Guidelines on Completing the Application” before completing their application.
Please take careful note of the following NEW FOR 2020 updates:
- As of 2019, the minimum accepted TOEFL score has been increased to 87. This is to better reflect equivalency between TOEFL and IELTS scoring. We will continue to accept a TOEFL score of 80 from holders of a valid Qatar Residency Permit in order to apply, but they will be required to achieve a score of 87 prior to the program start date.
- TOEFL and IELTS results must be valid at the time of application. The current validity of both exams is two years from the date of testing. Applicants with a score which is valid at the time of application but will expire prior to February 2021 should contact our office by email, for early verification of your certificate.
- Applications must be fully complete prior to submission, including all required clinical and English language proficiency examination scores. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that exams are written in sufficient time that scores are available prior to the application deadline.
- All applications will be verified thoroughly for false information. Any discovered instances of plagiarism (e.g. copied Letters of Intent), false information, or manipulation of documents will result in disqualification and withdrawal of your application.
- Date formats in the application have been amended to dd/mm/yyyy.