The Continuing Professional Development Office is chaired by Dr. Abdullatif Al Khal, the Director of the Medical Education Department. Our mission is to deliver high quality hospital-based and community-based continuing professional education activities for physicians, academics and learners at HMC. Our services also support CPD activities for healthcare professionals and physicians working in the community and other hospitals in the State of Qatar.
All CPD activities are aligned with the strategic initiatives adopted by the corporation aiming to improve the quality of patient safety and healthcare in Qatar. Whether physicians are involved in patient care, teaching and education, research, leadership or quality improvement and patient safety initiatives, CPD activities support their commitment to lifelong learning, practice improvement and quality patient care. They help physicians to meet their personal and professional development needs as well as any requirements for the maintenance of certification and medical licensure. CPD Office main functions include:
- Organize and conduct a wide variety of CPD programs and educational activities at HMC
- Shape a faculty development and GME program(s) for physicians and learners, aligned to ACGME International LLC accreditation requirements
- Develop networks and establish working relationships with esteemed academic institutions and medical centers. The aim of this is to improve CPD programs at HMC, promote quality improvement and patient safety projects and support the professional development of faculty, fellows and residents
- The CPD Office not only supports the continuing education of physicians but also helps to develop continuing professional development programs for allied health professionals at HMC such as nurses, pharmacists, technicians and scientists. It supports them in organizing educational activities that contribute to the improvement of patient care and system based practices and performance
- Collaboration with international accreditation institutions for the educational activities at HMC to obtain CPD accreditation
The Department of Medical Education is a recognized CPD Provider. All CPD activities organized and conducted by the clinical departments at HMC or in partnership with other healthcare organizations are awarded CPD credits. HMC is also working closely with the Ministry of Public Health-Qatar to achieve international accreditation for all continuing education activities offered to physicians and healthcare professionals at HMC. CPD activities organized by HMC are also accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Canada. In addition, Hamad Medical Corporation is a permanent member of the GCC Council for Continuing Education and Professional Development for Healthcare Professionals. CPD activities delivered by HMC are accredited by the GCC Council for CPD and CPD for HCCP.