Institute for Healthcare Improvement
The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), an independent not-for-profit organization based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is a leading innovator, convener, partner, and driver of results in health and health care improvement worldwide. At our core, we believe everyone should get the best care and health possible. This passionate belief fuels our mission to improve health and health care.
For more than 25 years, we have partnered with visionaries, leaders, and front-line practitioners around the globe to spark bold, inventive ways to improve the health of individuals and populations. To advance our mission, IHI's work is focused in five key areas:
- Improvement Capability: Ensuring that improvement science drives our work and that we extend the reach and impact of the improvement community
- Person- and Family-Centered Care: Putting the patient and the family at the heart of every decision and empowering them to be genuine partners in their care
- Patient Safety: Making care continually safer by reducing harm and preventable mortality
- Quality, Cost, and Value: Driving affordability and sustainability through quality improvement
- Triple Aim for Populations: Applying integrated approaches to simultaneously improve care, improve population health, and reduce costs per capita