The conference links closely with the World Health Organization declaration of 2020 being the ‘Year of the Nurse and Midwife’. It sets out to illuminate the complex interactions between socio-cultural, biological, political and economic influences upon women’s health, maternity and newborn wellbeing.
We are looking for abstract submissions for oral presentations that address the issues of perinatal wellbeing outlined above. Oral presentations are 15 minutes in length with 5 minutes for discussion, questions and answers.
Presentations could involve one or more of the following:
- Research results
- Quality improvement projects
- Educational initiatives
- Guideline and policy development
- Respectful care
- Clinical knowledge and experience
Abstracts need to be submitted via the official submission portal:
The closing date for submissions is 14 November 2019.
For any questions about abstract submission only, please send an email to the Joint Chair of the Scientific Committee: Dr. K Hugill:
‘Women and Newborn Health Conference Abstract Question’ into the subject line to aid a timely reply).
The abstract must be written in English and include the following:
- Title of the presentation (no more than 20 words)
- Presenter name, institutional affiliation and email address for correspondence
• up to five authors may be listed but only one is expected to speak
The abstract structure will vary depending upon the nature of presentation (e.g. research results, case study, quality improvement project and the like) but should follow a standard style for the nature of the presentation. As a guide it should contain an:
• Introduction /problem/ purpose,
• Method / project outline,
• results/outcome measures/discussion
• conclusion/ key messages
- The abstract should not include subheadings
- The abstract can be referenced if appropriate, though this is not essential; citing between 2–4 references
• Any references should be presented in Vancouver style
- Length between 500 (without references) and 750 words (including references if used) in total. No pictures, charts or tables are allowed within the abstract.
All abstracts will be reviewed by the conference Scientific Planning Committee for compliance with abstract submission guidelines, relevance to the conference theme, clarity, originality and validity.
All presenting authors will receive an acceptance/ rejection notification via email by 21/11/2019. Appeals will not be accepted.
All accepted presenters are obliged to confirm their participation in the conference by 30/12/2019 otherwise their abstracts will automatically be withdrawn.
Please supply a short biography (100 words maximum) of the main presenter only as an accompanying uploaded document. Please send your presenter biography as a word document in an email to the Joint Chair of the Scientific Committee: Dr. K Hugill: email@example.com (Add ‘Women and Newborn Health Conference Presenter Biography’ into the subject line).
Presentation slides of accepted abstracts must be submitted in advance of the event and no later than 09/01/2020.
Please send your presentation in an email to the Joint Chair of the Scientific Committee: Dr. K Hugill:
(Add ‘Women and Newborn Health Conference Presentation Slides
’ into the subject line).
here to submit the abstract