The "1st Qatar International Conference on Spinal Physiotherapy Interventions and Novel Evidence" [QIConSPINE] 2022 is a two-day conference delivered virtually via the master badge. Most sessions are didactic lecture series with a few interactive sessions, workshops, and classrooms. Interactive sessions will be in workshops and practical sessions, with delegates proactively demonstrating the sessions. Hands-on Workshops will be pre-recorded videos displayed in real-time by the same faculty to encourage the delegates to ask questions as is indicated. Representatives will be at all times encouraged to interact to meet the requirement outlined by the Ministry of Public Health's Department of Healthcare Professions for virtual CPD events.
Twelve plenary sessions including keynotes Wide range of topics covering patient-oriented evidence, shared decision making, patient-centered approach in healthcare communication, thoraco-lumbar fascia and its role in spinal pain, inflammatory spinal disease, differentiating spinal pathologies from hip and groin pathologies, practice-based evidence in spinal care, contemporary neuroscience of pain, its assessment and education', cervicogenic headache, virtual reality in chronic pain management, patient-centered care, case studies, Recent trend and research opportunities spinal care etc. The conference spans across two days and features many of the profession's most renowned speakers from Australia, the United Kingdom, Italy, South Africa, India, and Qatar.
The conference comprises the following:
- Case studies on the recent trend and research opportunities of spinal care.
- Two virtual workshops, entitled:
- Know your lumbopelvic region: A dissection workshop by Prof. Carla Stecco, Italy.
- Ultrasound Evaluation of Thoracolumbar fascia by Dr. Carmelo Pirri,Italy Spread over two days.
- Two virtual classrooms sessions including,
- Navigating the complexities of the lumbar spine and hip differential diagnosis by Ms. Elizabeth Marlow, UK.
- Spinal Imaging and challenges in nonspecific spinal conditions by Dr. Syed Intakhab Alam from Qatar Spread over two days
- Selected oral presentations: Shortlisted abstracts on spinal pain and dysfunction will be invited on Day two for an oral presentation to award the best paper.