Every healthy person has two kidneys located in their abdomen, just below the ribcage. Each kidney is roughly the size of a fist.
The primary function of your kidneys is to remove toxins and excess water from your blood. Secondary functions include helping to control blood pressure, producing red blood cells and keeping bones healthy.
• Make urine
• Remove wastes and extra fluid from your blood
• Control your body’s chemical balance
• Help control your blood pressure
• Help keep your bones healthy
• Help you make red blood cells