We invite you to submit your scientific work as abstract to the forthcoming First Qatar Allergy Conference to be held online on 5th February 2022.
Following a peer review process, accepted abstracts of the highest quality will be published as a supplement in the Qatar Medical journal.
Please follow the abstract submission guidelines below
- Topics: audits, case reports, service development, clinical or basic research in the field of Allergy.
- Format: Only Word document format is acceptable.
- Authorship: Only a maximum of two Abstracts are allowed per author. Maximum of 4 authors for case reports and 13 authors for other types of research on the abstract. Authors may use a maximum of two names for identifications (First name, Last name).
- Word count: Abstracts are limited to 1,950 characters (about 300-350 words). This includes the text and one graph or table. but not the title or authors. All graphics (figures) and text-based graphics (tables) should be provided as 72-300 dpi, pre-sized .gif, .jpg or .tiff images only, with a maximum width of 440 pixels (no limit on length). Black-and-white digital images should be in grayscale mode. Color images should be saved in RGB color mode. Addition of an image, whether a figure or a table, deducts 250 characters. Spaces do not count as characters.
- Abstract structure: abstract can be structured or unstructured, if structured to follow this format: Background/Methods/Results/Conclusion/References.
- Up to 3 references maximum should be listed numerically at the end of the abstract in their order of citation in the text and in Vancouver format
- The work covered by the abstract must not have been presented at a national or international meeting before presentation at Qatar Allergy Conference.
- Review process: The scientific committee with review all the abstracts submitted, and the submitting (or corresponding) author will be informed about the committee decision.
- Submission: Submit your abstract to Tibrahim2@hamad.qa.
- Presentation: Accepted abstracts are expected to present their studies in a poster format. Six Abstracts will be selected for oral presentations, and the remaining accepted abstracts will be poster presentations.
- Registration: Submission is free of charge for the abstract. However, the presenting author of the oral abstract (or any author for poster abstracts) of an accepted abstract must register and pay the registration fee for the meeting.
- Enquiries: Please contact Dr. Tayseer Ibrahim (Tibrahim2@hamad.qa)
- Deadline for submission is 20 January 2022.