Manal Musallam Othman,
Director/AED of Diabetes Education in Hamad Medical Corporation.
PhD candidate – population medicine – College of medicine at Qatar University.
- Co- Chair for National Patient Empowerment pillar part of National Diabetes Strategy.
- Co- Chair for National Awareness pillar part of National Diabetes Strategy.
- Member in Scientific Committee of Qatar Diabetes Association.
- Established first Accredited Diabetes Education Advance Diploma in collaboration with CNAQ in Qatar.
- Actively participate in developing most of online diabetes courses as part of national diabetes strategy.
- Adopt DESMOND as international accredited group diabetes education program to Qatari population.
- Developed patient education organizational structure UNDER allied health job family including job descriptions, performance appraisals and competencies.
- Developed a clinical training program on diabetes and its co morbidities for public health graduates.
- Main Organizer for National Diabetes Awareness Campaigns.
- Published first diabetes book in Arabic for the patient and many educational materials includes Videos, pamphlet, Diabetes CD for deaf patients and diabetes pamphlets on Braille language.
- Speaker in national TV channels for diabetes and public health topics and international lecturer for diabetes education.
- Graduated from nursing school in Jordan 1993 with bachelor’s degree, post graduate diploma in diabetes education 2002, certified as diabetes educator from AADE 2005, master in public health/ community medicine 2007.
- Joined PhD program in population medicine -Medicine college at Qatar university on 2018., working on third priority unanswered diabetes research question.
How we can encourage people with diabetes to self-manage themselves when they need and where ever they live and how it should be delivered
published 7 papers about diabetes prevalence and metabolic syndrome among Qatari population and diabetes education & self-management in international journals.