Manal Musallam Othman,
Director/AED of Diabetes Education in Hamad Medical Corporation. PhD student in Medical science
- Member in Scientific Committee of Qatar Diabetes Association.
- Co- Chair for National Patient Empowerment pillar part of National Diabetes Strategy.
- Co- Chair for National Awareness pillar part of National Diabetes Strategy.
- Chair for Qatar Metabolic Institute Education Committee.
- Established first Accredited Diabetes Education Advance Diploma in collaboration with CNAQ in Qatar.
- Actively participate in developing most of online diabetes courses as part of national diabetes strategy.
- Adopt DESMOND as international accredited group diabetes education program to Qatari population.
- Developed patient education structure UNDER allied health job family including job descriptions, performance appraisals and competencies.
- Developed clinical training program for public health graduates to become diabetes educators in collaboration with QU.
- Main Organizer for National Diabetes Awareness Campaigns.
- Published first diabetes book in Arabic for the patient and many educational materials includes Videos , pamphlet, Diabetes CD for deaf patients and diabetes pamphlets on Braille language.
- Speaker in national TV channels for diabetes and public health topics and international lecturer for diabetes education.
Graduated from nursing school in Jordan 1993 with bachelor degree, post graduate diploma in diabetes education 2002, certified as diabetes educator from AADE 2005, master in public health/ community medicine 2007.
Published four papers about diabetes prevalence and metabolic syndrome among Qatari population in international journals.